The July/August edition of Irish Lives Remembered Genealogy e-Magazine is now live and can be read/downloaded FREE of charge via www.irishlivesremembered.com or directly at http://bit.ly/1oabNpL
Topics of interest covered in our latest issue will cover:
The Irish in Kentucky
· Fiona Fitzsimons from Eneclann uncovers new evidence on why George Clooney’s ancestors left Ireland for Kentucky
· Joe Buggy provides an overview on resources to help research the Irish in Kentucky
· Maureen Wlodarczyk looks at the life of William Michael Higgins, Publisher of the Kentucky American Newspaper
Tracing your TYRONE Ancestors (16 pages)
· Vincent Brogan from Tyrone Roots discusses tips on tracing your Tyrone Ancestors
· Findmypast Ireland highlights the eight civil registration districts for the county
· Deirdre Nugent provides an overview of the Heritage Services at Northern Ireland Libraries
· Willie O’Kane from Irish World Family History, Coalisland talks us through resources available
· PRONI are seeking help in identifying 3 photos from Strabane photographer Herbert Cooper
· Ken Collins from Omagh Family History Society showcases the society’s work
· Michael Merrigan from G.S.I. discussed Fergal McClusky’s book The Irish Revolution 1912-23
The Irish in Australia
· Shauna Hicks traces the Irish in Australia (post 1901) through Military Records
· Kay Caball’s shares a glimpse of her new book ‘The Kerry Girls – Emigration & The Earl Grey Scheme’ about 117 girls from Kerry sent to Australia in 1849/1850
· Ancestry Network & Eneclann team up to provide a series of FREE lunchtime talks at the National Library of Ireland throughout August with 20 speakers on different topics for 20 days.
· New York based Bridget Bray gears up for The Genealogy Event in Limerick this August, with 2 full days of genealogy seminars, workshops and lectures. Special Discount to our readers of 10% up until July 15th – mention Irish Lives.
· Photo Historian, Jayne Shrimpton talks us through a 1910 Waterford shop front image
· Findmypast adds Irish marriage and death records from American newspapers
· Christopher Ridgeway from Castle Howard reviews Terence Dooley’s new book ‘The Decline & Fall of The Dukes of Leinster’ 1872-1948.
· News, Events and Book store