Monday 3 February 2014

Unlock the Past talks tour rolls on at Canberra

The Unlock the Past talks tour (www.unlockthepast.com.au/events/chris-paton-and-thomas-macentee-downunder) continued with a session in Canberra earlier - my first visit to the ACT, I like what they've done with the place!

I've recorded a wee video outlining the next few days, you can access it at http://youtu.be/W7eSBTUqAAg or below (I omitted to mention we'll also be at Sydney next week!):



Thomas and I are having great craic with the Unlock the Past team, and the talks are going well. Bear in mind the offer on books from UTP regarding its own publications - 10% off at the seminars, and freight free postage if they run out of stock and have to post to you later (as with postage on all their books, not just UTP titles).

Heading onto the Voyager of the Seas cruise ship in a few hours, then stopping off next at Melbourne - particularly looking forward to this as I'll be catching up with an uncle and some cousins in the afternoon after my talks have been given.

Finally, there's a great review of the Brisbane session from Caitie Gow at http://genealogically-speaking.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/paton-macentee-down-under-in-brisbane.html

And here's a few pics!

Rosemary Kopitte on MyHeritage
Partners in time!
The glamorous life of a mobile genie...
We don't leave our own behind!

Chris

My latest genealogy books are Tracing Your Family History on the Internet (2nd ed), Discover Scottish Civil Registration Records, and Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet. My next Pharos course is Scottish Research Online, which commences Feb 27th 2014, 5 weeks, price £45.99.

2 comments:

  1. I was hoping to get to the Canberra sessions but unfortunately life got in the way. I would have loved to hear you and Thomas speak. I do hope you'll come by Canberra again some time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you weren't able to make it Shelley, we had a good day! I certainly hope to get back to Canberra one day in the near future, lots of sites to see!

    ReplyDelete