Friday 7 February 2014

More cruise news - and a Hungarian's tale

The fourth Unlock the Past (www.unlockthepast.com.au) genealogy cruise trundles along - today I will be visiting Adelaide to give two talks on British and Irish newspapers, and Irish Online Records, then on Monday I'll be giving talks in Hobart. I've given a few more talks on the boat itself, and attended a few also - Shauna Hicks Oz newspapers online talk was a good session, as was Neil Smith's session on British redcoats in Oz. Several of my books have sold out on board, though more stock is being picked up in Adelaide today (where Unlock the Past is based).

But here's a slightly different experience from the cruise - yesterday I met an extraordinary Hungarian woman at the breakfast table. She was in her 70s, and had been in Oz for some fifty years. But the things she has experienced... See my other blog for a post on this at http://walkingineternity.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/a-hungarians-story-on-cruise.html

More soon!


Chris

My latest genealogy books are Tracing Your Family History on the Internet (2nd ed), Discover Scottish Civil Registration Records, and Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet. My next Pharos course is Scottish Research Online, which commences Feb 27th 2014, 5 weeks, price £45.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment