Friday 24 January 2014

On the road for a bit...

Tomorrow (Saturday) I'll be heading to Australia to participate in the fourth Unlock the Past genealogy cruise (http://unlockthepastcruises.com), as well as a seven city talks tour alongside Thomas MacEntee from the US. The first event does not kick off until Saturday week (1st Feb) in Brisbane, but en route down under I will be stopping off to see my brother in Dubai for a couple of days, and then my cousin just outside of Brisbane. Inevitably this means that there will likely be some disruption in terms of my being able to find time (and wifi access!) to blog, but I will do so as often as possible.

I'll be back in Scotland just two days before Who Do You Think You Are Live (www.whodoyouthinkyouarelive.com) kicks off next month, so will only be here for one night before heading straight on a train the next day down south to London for a few more days, but am looking forward to catching up with the great and the good whilst there, to find out what's happening in the foreseeable future!

Hopefully see some of you in Oz or in London!

Chris

My latest genealogy books are Tracing Your Family History on the Internet (2nd ed), Discover Scottish Civil Registration Records, and Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet. My next Pharos course is Scottish Research Online, which commences Feb 27th 2014, 5 weeks, price £45.99.

1 comment:

  1. At WDYTYA, if you can get any firm details about online parish registers coming for Staffordshire and Shropshire that would be brilliant :-)

    ReplyDelete