Thursday 15 August 2013

Chris Paton and Thomas MacEntee downunder

I've previously announced that I will be taking part in Unlock the Past's 4th Genealogy Cruise next February, with the scheduled itinerary and additional details on the cruise available online at www.unlockthepastcruises.com/cruises/4th-cruise/. Having been on a previous UTP cruise, I know it's going to be an absolute blast!

When I did the second UTP cruise in 2011, I also participated in a talks tour, before, after and during the event, at various shore based stops from Auckland to Sydney. I'm delighted to say that I'll be doing the same once again next Jan-Feb when down under, and I won't be alone - US based Thomas MacEntee, of Geneabloggers fame, will also be on tour! Unlock the Past has published a provisional schedule online at www.unlockthepast.com.au/events/chris-paton-and-thomas-macentee-downunder, but the plan is that Thomas and I will be giving a series of talks at various Oz based cities, with the following listed as the provisional tentative schedule:

Sat 1 Feb - Brisbane seminar - 9am-5pm
Mon 3 Feb - Canberra seminar - 9am-5pm
Thu 6 Feb - Melbourne seminar - 10am-5pm
Sat 8 Feb - Adelaide seminar - 10am-4pm
Tue 11 Feb - Hobart seminar - 9am-3pm (or possibly the day before, Mon 10 Feb 5pm-9pm)
Thu 13 Feb - Sydney seminar - 10am-5pm
Sat 15 Feb - Perth seminar - 9am-5pm

There will be other speakers at some of the sessions as well, TBA, so a lot to look forward to. I've not been to Canberra, Adelaide or Hobart before, so very much looking forward to visiting, and I'm also excited to be catching up with folk again at Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney and Perth (not least because I also have family located in each city!).

In the meantime, there's still time to sign up to the genie cruise - see www.unlockthepastcruises.com for details. On the previous cruise I had a great day each day doing talks and helping cruisers with their genie problems - and then experienced a chance each night to listen to Piano Man Glen in a bar playing some brilliant tunes on the auld ivories. Life does not get much more civilised....

Hopefully see you there!

(UPDATE - bookings for these events are expect to open in 2-4 weeks!)

Chris

My new book, Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet, is now available from Pen and Sword. My Scottish land and church records ebooks are available at http://www.gen-ebooks.com/unlock-the-past.html, whilst my next Pharos Scottish course, Scottish Research Online, starts Sep 4th - see http://pharostutors.com/details.php?coursenumber=102. Time to smash a few brick walls...!

No comments:

Post a Comment