Monday 20 August 2012

Updated Ancestry app

Ancestry (www.ancestry.co.uk) has updated its free interactive app for use on the iPad and other Apple devices. As well as now displaying trees vertically from bottom to top, instead of from left to right, it also now includes a new dynamic tree view option that allows you to show extended families as well as an option to see direct ancestors only.

I upgraded my iPad last night, and although initially a little disappointed to see the change in direction for the charts, it's really grown on me, and is definitely a significant improvement. I have two tree displaying apps on my device, that of Ancestry and the Heredis free edition, and still finding it hard to make a final decision on which one to keep as they are both very good!

The app is available from iTunes at http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ancestry/id349554263?mt=8

Chris


Check out my Scotland's Greatest Story research service www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk
New book: It's Perthshire 1866 - there's been a murder... www.thehistorypress.co.uk/products/The-Mount-Stewart-Murder.aspx (from June 12th 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment