Wednesday 20 June 2012

Heraldic crisis at Euro 2012...!

OK, perhaps not a crisis, but this one tickled me a wee bit...! :)

Apparently the Spanish football team have had to have an emergency redesign of their strip following the discovery that the badge on their tops shows a heraldic design from the wrong royal house, being that of a French line instead of that of the correct Spanish variant.

Thank God the media picked up on it - the world as we know it may never have been the same again...! :)

The story is at www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20120620/euro2012/euro-2012-briefs.425214

Chris

Check out my Scotland's Greatest Story research service www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk
New book: It's Perthshire 1866 - there's been a murder... www.thehistorypress.co.uk/products/The-Mount-Stewart-Murder.aspx (from June 12th 2012)

2 comments:

  1. I have to giggle. I hadn't any idea people still thought about such things. I would have just seen a design, too American I guess.
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you'd be surprised - people lose sleep over it! lol :)

    ReplyDelete