Tuesday 22 May 2012

War Hero in My Family - eps 4

Following my review last week (http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/review-war-hero-in-my-family.html), tonight's episode of War Hero in My Family, the fourth in the series, is really keeping the standard both high and consistent throughout the run. This evening's episode featured the heartbreaking stories of David Gower's uncles on D-Day, and the experiences of Sara Cox's grandfather as a mechanic driver both on the home front and in Italy. I truly envy the archive researcher, who is clearly having a field day with this series! Great direction and pace as ever - forget Who Do You Think You Are, this is family history: the next generation! :)

One thing to note - I commented last week that the Channel 5 media player has the episodes available online at www.channel5.com/shows/war-hero-in-my-family. In fact, it looks they will actually be there for a good year to come - so no rush if you need to catch up...! :)

Chris

British GENES on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BritishGENES and Twitter @chrismpaton

No comments:

Post a Comment