Friday 6 April 2012

Paying tax with family papers

The UK government has accepted the following collections of papers in lieu of tax:

  • Family and estate papers of the Lumley-Savile family, Barons Savile of Rufford, 12th-20th century
  • Family and estate papers of the Wyndham family of Orchard Wyndham, 12th-20th century

The National Archives is asking that any UK library, record office or institution interested in acquiring the papers should contact the Head of the Private Archives Team, Archives Sector Development, The National Archives, Ruskin Avenue, Kew TW9 4DU, or email asd@nationalarchives.gov.uk by 11 May 2012.

I wonder if the government would accept a copy of my family history and a couple of photo albums in lieu of my own tax liability?! The photos of my wife's 40th birthday party should definitely be saved for the nation! :)


(With thanks to The National Archives website at www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/news/697.htm)

Chris

British GENES on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BritishGENES and Twitter @chrismpaton

2 comments:

  1. We could start an international trend! Genealogy for taxes. LOVE the cake. I'm guessing your weren't the baker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my cake would most definitely have not been worth saving for the nation! lol :)

    Chris

    ReplyDelete