OVER HALF A MILLION PARISH RECORDS PUBLISHED ONLINE FOR THE FIRST TIME BY FINDMYPAST.CO.UK, PLUS A HANDY NEW TOOL
- Yorkshire, Dorset and London records back to 1560 now available online at findmypast.co.uk
- New projects launched with North West Kent Family History Society and Northamptonshire Family History Society
- New browse function for parish record images now available
Leading UK family history website findmypast.co.uk has today published online transcripts of 574,800 English parish records, and at the same time made it easier to research parish records by adding a browse facility .
Users of the website will now notice the addition of a previous and a next button on their screens when viewing a parish record image, enabling them to browse through the registers page by page.
Ian Tester, Product Manager at findmypast.co.uk said: “Adding previous and next page buttons to the parish record screens is an example of a really simple piece of development that will transform how you search for your ancestors in our burgeoning parish record collection. Now you can leaf through the pages of the registers, just as if you were handling the original volume in a record office. You’ll be amazed at the new avenues this will open up in your research.”
The new parish record transcripts now available on the site include:
- 96,545 Northamptonshire marriage records 1538-1975
- 431,683 Northamptonshire burial records 1527 to 2006
This significant new record collection at findmypast.co.uk covers a multitude of parishes, including Towcester, Harpole, Peterborough St John, Northampton All Saints and Oundle and is a new project with Northamptonshire Family History Society in association with the Federation of Family History Societies.
- 16,713 Kent baptisms from the parishes of Crayford, Greenwich and Darenth covering 1813 to 1856
- 1,454 Kent marriage records from Greenwich spanning the years 1791 to 1842
This record launch marks the start of a new project between findmypast.co.uk and North West Kent Family History Society.
- 7,169 Dorset baptism records from the parishes of Whitchurch Canonicorum, Lydlinch, Morden, Portesham, Frampton, Dorchester St Peter and Hamoon spanning 1559 to 1894
- 704 Dorset marriages from Symondsbury and Lydlinch, 1560 to 1812
- 6,346 Dorset burial records from Durweston, Loders, Lydlinch, Spetisbury, Milton Abbas, Dorchester Holy Trinity, Warmwell and Morden, 1641 to 1812
These records are published online at findmypast.co.uk in association with Dorset Family History Society.
- 86,806 Yorkshire baptism records from Oughtibridge, Norton Lees, Ecclesfield, Ecclesal, Netherthorpe, Attercliffe, Sheffield and St Pauls spanning 1599 to 1996
These records are published in association with Sheffield & District Family History Society.
In addition findmypast.co.uk has added more baptisms to its Docklands record collection as follows:
- St Dunstan Stepney 1680-1689 10,027 entries
- St Matthew’s 1790-1799 4,159 entries
All the new records can be searched for free within the Life Events section of the website, along with the 42 million other parish records currently available on the site. The transcripts can be viewed either by purchasing PayAsYouGo credits or with a Full subscription to findmypast.co.uk.
(With thanks to Debra Chatfield)
British GENES on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BritishGENES and Twitter @chrismpaton