Thursday 29 March 2012

British GENES - one thousandth post!

I almost missed this one, but this post is the thousandth since the new British GENES blog was launched in September 2011! The first post, with a history of how it came into being as a follow up to Scottish GENES is available at http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/welcome-to-british-genes.html.

It's an opportune moment to say a huge thank you to all those who have signed up to receive daily newsletter feeds by email, to those who just drop in from time to time, to those who keep an eye on the Facebook page, access the British GENES Daily, and more! I hope it is helping with your research in some meaningful way.

The blog is only as successful as the information that I can lay my hands on, so please do get in touch if you have news to share of an event, a records release online, a product that will help others in their ancestral pursuits, an issue that will change the way we pursue our interest in the family history world, and more. Thanks to those who already do so, whether by email, by phone or by the many forms of social networking, and here's to a few more stories over the next few years!

If you'd like to contribute by some other means, perhaps by a guest post on an interesting topic, or perhaps by nominating who you think the local genie heroes are in Britain and Ireland, please do so, and please do continue to comment on posts, as I love to see what people think across the country on various issues raised.

Above all, remember, that British GENES is free and will continue to be so!

SlĂ inte! :)

Chris

(To subscribe to British GENES in a daily newsletter format by email, see the links on the left column of this page!)

British GENES on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BritishGENES and Twitter @chrismpaton

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I don't know how you do it. I always follow your posts as I know I can rely on you to let us know about any important British genealogy news.

    Thanks for your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Chris. I regularly access your blog and it has pointed me to many resources and new releases I would otherwise have missed. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done.
    I am giving a talk to RugbyFHG computer group tomorrow about using Blogs and yours will be the first I mention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blog, books, tutoring, tweets, travelling and doing your own research. And all of it great quality. How do you do it? When do you sleep? When do you get away from the computer and get exercise? Don't tell me. You tweet on the Stairmaster. Well done. You are a rock star in the genie world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Chris for keeping us informed about goings on in the Old Country.
    Anxiously waiting on the next thousand posts.

    ReplyDelete