Tuesday 8 November 2011

Family Tree DNA conference news

Debbie Kennett has news on her blog from the Family Tree DNA Group Administrators' Conference which took place this year from 4th to 6th November in Houston, Texas. It's a round of links of reports from those who attended, and can be accessed at http://cruwys.blogspot.com/2011/11/ftdna-group-administrators-conference.html

Debbie's new book on DNA is now available. I have a review copy which I'll be looking over properly in the next couple of weeks, but I've read some so far and it's a great aid for those interested in both genetic genealogy and the applications of social networking that can be tied in. The book is entitled DNA and Social Networking, and is published by The History Press (www.thehistorypress.co.uk) in hardback at £14.99.

I should add that Debbie kindly proof read a chapter I wrote very badly on DNA a couple of years back, for a book I was working on - and basically made me rewrite it! lol I was only too happy to do so, because she really knows what she's talking about - hence why I would really recommend you obtain a copy if you're interested in the subject. The DNA world is moving fast, and Debbie is well up to date with it!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment