Sunday 25 September 2011

In Search of an Axe Murderer...

I am currently putting the finishing touches to a book that I have written about the murder of one of my ancestors in Perthshire in 1866. As a part of that I made a location visit to the area where it happened on Friday, just to refresh some details in my mind, having not visited in a while. On this occasion, however, I learned for the first time that a house which I previously had thought destroyed was still able to be found, albeit in ruined form. The occupant of the house was James Crichton, who played a key part in the story. Never one to miss an opportunity, I had my video camera with me also, so recorded a short video diary within! Definitely an odd experience...


The Mount Stewart Murder will be released next year by The History Press - more details soon!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment